"Oh God....she's still pooping...."

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Inaugural Blogging

Welcome to the first post of Chris and Frank and baby "Spawn." Under intense pressure to maintain round-the-clock info about Spawn, we've decided to make a blog. Hopefully we'll actually figure out this whole "blogging" thing and include things like (1) pictures, (2) updates about pre- and post-natal baby life, and (3) Frank's mad rants about things like grilled cheese sandwiches (They're not actually cooked on a grill, so why do we call them grilled cheese sandwiches? C'mon people, WORK WITH ME HERE!!!!).

At any rate, the first post finds us one day after our 5th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that Chris can voluntarily claim to still be married to Frank after 5 years (see the Grilled Cheese rant above), but she claims to "love and cherish" me. I think she's angling for a better anniversary gift, but don't tell her that. We decided to go to a bed and breakfast country inn to celebrate the big occasion in Cedarville, Ohio. How shall I describe Cedarville? Well, first of all, I have yet to see any cedars in this town. It is very troubling to me that you would name your city after a cedar tree, yet not have any. I would recommend an investigation into this, much like the grilled cheese controversy. How else shall I describe Cedarville? Hmmmm....... well ...... it is in America, and that's about it. It's a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Which is good if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life. It has reminded me, though, that I particularly like the hustle and bustle of urban life and cannot survive five minutes without a Target and a Taco Bell.

Actually, the anniversary has been really great, and we've had a nice time getting away from Marbury (for anybody who will read this who isn't family ... and God bless you ... that's our one and a half year old puppy; he's part Cattle Dog, part German Shepard, probably a tinge of wolf or some other unusual lupine animal, and all insanity) and Madison (the four year old cat who wishes the dog would mysteriously vanish into a rift in the time-space continuum...she's been working on it, but she hasn't gotten her mind around Heisenberg's Principle yet). Although I would go insane with rurality, it's nice to spend some quiet, quality time with Chris and remember why we got married in the first place (the tax benefits).

Spawn has been doing well. For those of you wondering "Why Spawn?," I guess the image I have in my head right now is a Gremlin inside Chris furiously clawing at life or something (you try looking at the ultrasounds and tell me that it looks human). Spawn was the first name that popped in my head after I created that visual, so until we know the sex, Spawn is the name (sorry all you fanboys who thought this would be about the comic book character -- please slink back into your parents' basements where you belong). Currently, Spawn is at 11 weeks and holding steady. My emotions at this time are excitement mixed with abject fear at the thought of parenthood. I honestly have no idea what this whole concept is about. It really freaks me out when I think about it. In around six months or so, I'm going to have a lifeform dependent on me for everything, like food, shelter, and sports trivia. This is scary stuff. I tell myself that I'll have an "action plan" and a "blueprint for success" by the time Spawn arrives, but I don't think using corporate weaselspeak is really going to help me much here. So, bear with me when I go off on philosophical rants, like poop and why God couldn't make it smell like flowers or something. I'm just a scared new father who's going to do the best he can. Of course, I think the first time Spawn looks at me with nothing more than love in its eyes, all fear will melt away (remind me of this in 17 years when I'm ranting about the teenage years). Excitement and fear all mixed into one.

Okay, I think I've ranted enough tonight. I'll let Chris blog for awhile.

Go Whaler-canes!!

Frank

Greetings, people! Chris here. While I'm not as eloquent as my husband when it comes to writing, I can type so I guess I should add some stuff. So far, it hasn't been too bad yet. A little morning sickness, although never in the morning. I've found that if I don't let myself get too hot or too hungry, then generally it's not that bad. There are certain things that are on the banned list for now: cheddar cheese (which sucks, b/c I love cheddar cheese), KFC (I'm just glad I can type that today with no negative reactions), and chocolate (which sucks, but b/c of caffeine, I can't have it).

I too am both excited and scared. The thought of a lifeform being totally dependent on me (and me alone right now) for the next six months is a little intimidating. I have to go back to the doctor on June 27th, and hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to post a copy of the ultrasound picture by then.

I guess that's all I can really think of right now. Peace out from C-ville!

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home